Since its launch on February 1, 2017, Vietnam e-visa has become a preferred way to obtain a valid visa for Vietnam for both leisure and business travelers thanks to its online application, low cost, fast processing, and variety of entry ports, especially after August 15, 2023, when eVisa is opened for all nationalities and territories as well as it is good for up to 90, single and multiple entries.
Vietnam e-visa entry points
There are up to 41 ports that accept e-visa to Vietnam, consisting of 13 international airports, 16 land borders, and 12 seaports as follows:
1. Vietnam evisa airports
Here are 13 international airports where air travelers can enter Vietnam with an e-visa.
- Noi Bai Airport in Hanoi, 30 km north of city center.
- Cat Bi Airport in Hai Phong city, 5km south-east of city center.
- Phu Bai Airport in Thua Thien Hue province, 14km south of city center.
- Da Nang Airport in Da Nang city, close to the center of the city.
- Cam Ranh Airport in Khanh Hoa province, 30km south of Nha Trang city.
- Tan Son Nhat Airport in Ho Chi Minh city, 7km from the city center.
- Can Tho Airport in Can Tho city, about 8km north-west of the city center.
- Phu Quoc Airport in Kien Giang province, 5km south of Duong Dong town, Phu Quoc island.
- Van Don Airport in Quang Ninh province, 50 km from the Halong City
- Tho Xuan Airport in Thanh Hoa province, 39 km from the city center
- Dong Hoi Airport in Quang Binh province, 6 km far from the central Dong Hoi city from the North and about 50 km from Phong Nha – Ke Bang
- Phu Cat Airport in Binh Dinh province, 35 km far from Quy Nhon City
- Lien Khuong Airport in Lam Dong province, about 32 km from Da Lat city center.
2. Vietnam e-visa land border crossing
The e-visa holders can enter Vietnam by land from neighboring countries of China, Laos, and Cambodia via the following land borders:
- Dong Xing (China) – Mong Cai (Quang Ninh province), 176km north-east of Ha Long city;
- You Yi Guan (China) – Huu Nghi (Lang Son province) – 20km north of Lang Son city;
- Hekou (China) – Lao Cai (Lao Cai province), 4km north of Lao Cai city center;
- Pang Hok (Laos) – Tay Trang (Dien Bien Phu province), 35km south-west of Dien Bien Phu city;
- Nam Soi (Laos) – Na Meo (Thanh Hoa Province), 115km north-west of Thanh Hoa city;
- Namkan (Laos) – Nam Can (Nghe An province), 241km north-west of Vinh city;
- Namphao (Laos) – Cau Treo (Ha Tinh province), 100km west of Ha Tinh city;
- Naphao (Laos) – Cha Lo (Quang Binh province), 160km north-west of Dong Hoi city;
- Den Savanh (Laos) – Lao Bao (Quang Tri province), 80km north-west of Dong Ha city;
- Saravane (Laos) – La Lay (Quang Tri province), 115km south-west of Dong Ha city;
- Phou Keua (Laos) – Bo Y (Kon Tum province), over 85km north-west of Kon Tum city.
- Bavet (Cambodia) – Moc Bai (Tay Ninh province), 70km north-west of Ho Chi Minh city;
- Trapeang Phlong (Cambodia) – Xa Mat (Tay Ninh province), 50km north west of Tay Ninh city;
- Phnom Den (Cambodia) -Tinh Bien (An Giang province), 25km south-west of Chau Doc city;
- K’am Samnar (Cambodia) – Vinh Xuong Land and Waterway Border Gate (An Giang province), 30km north of Chau Doc city;
- Prek Chak (Cambodia) – Ha Tien (Ha Tien province), 6km north-west of Ha Tien town.
3. Vietnam e-visa for cruise passengers
Here are 12 seaports that cruise passengers can use e-visa to enter Vietnam.
- Chan May Sea Port in Hue city;
- Cam Pha Seaport in Quang Ninh;
- Da Nang Sea Port in Da Nang city;
- Dung Quat Seaport in Quang Ngai;
- Duong Dong Sea Port in Phu Quoc island;
- Hon Gai Sea Port in Quang Ninh province (near Ha Long Bay);
- Hai Phong Sea Port in Hai Phong city;
- Nha Trang Sea Port in Khanh Hoa province;
- Quy Nhon Sea Port in Quy Nhon city (Binh Dinh province);
- Ho Chi Minh Sea Port in Ho Chi Minh city;
- Vung Ang Seaport in Ha Tinh;
- Vung Tau Sea Port in Vung Tau city (Ba Ria Vung Tau province);
The other ports are not allowed for e-visa to Vietnam.
Vietnam e-visa exit checkpoints
The above 41 ports of entry are also the points where one using an evisa can exit Vietnam.
Important note for Vietnam e visa port of entry
- The e-visa holders can enter Vietnam only from the port of entry chosen in their e-visa application. Once the e-visa is issued, the traveler cannot switch the point of entry, and in case they wish to change the port of entry, they need to apply for a new e-visa.